Fancy a chat?
Grab a cuppa and join in the conversations on NT Seniors Voice.
By entering COTA NT’s Grandparents Day 2023 Storytelling Competition (the Competition), the entrant agrees to and is bound by the Competition Terms and Conditions.
The Competition is open to Primary and Secondary Students aged 5 to 18 years, and adults. Students can choose to enter the Open Age category if they wish. All entrants must reside in the Northern Territory.
The Competition opens on 1 September 2023 and all entries must be submitted by midnight on Sunday 29 October 2023.
The competition is run by COTA NT (Council on the Ageing Northern Territory Inc), PO Box 852, Darwin, NT, 0801.
1. Each entry must address the theme of “Grandies”.
2. Creative expression of the theme can be articulated with as much license as the entrant chooses (subject to the limitation that entries must be considered a short story and meet technical specifications as outlined at 3. below). Absolute discretion lies with the Judging panel.
3. Technical specifications: Written short story with a maximum of:
• 250 words for Primary School students
• 500 words for Secondary School students
• 1000 words for Open Age category
Entries must be presented in easily legible typeface / font, preferably in PDF file format (though RTF, DOC or DOCX file formats will be accepted).
4. There is a maximum of 2 entries per entrant.
5. Each file name must include the title of the entry and the first name initials and surname of the entrant. Please use the following format for the file name: TitleASurname e.g. MyGrandmaBLove
Must be submitted as an attachment and emailed to email@example.com.
You warrant and represent, in respect of each entry submitted by you, as follows:
i. You are the sole owner and author of each Entry.
ii. You have the right to make your Entry available to the Competition.
iii. Each Entry does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content.
iv. Each Entry does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
v. Each Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, and your Entry does not include: – trademarks owned by third parties – copyrighted materials owned by third parties (including movie dialogue or musical compositions) – names, likenesses, voices or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead – any commercial content that promotes any product or service – screen credits
vi. You represent and warrant that any entries submitted as part of this Competition are free of all royalties and third-party rights (including but not limited to intellectual property rights).
vii. COTA NT recognises that you, the author of the Entry, retains ownership of the copyright (including moral rights) of each Entry.
viii. You confirm that any person depicted in the entry has, where necessary, granted permission to be portrayed as shown. Indemnity You agree to fully indemnify COTA NT in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of any breach by you of the any of the representations and warranties as set out in the Warranty section.
1. All entrants understand that any Entry submitted to the Competition may be used by COTA NT, and its affiliates (including its sponsor, the Northern Territory Government), for marketing and promotional purposes and general promotion of COTA NT and any of its activities.
2. You hereby grant COTA NT an irrevocable licence for each Entry throughout the world in perpetuity in all media for any use connected with COTA NT, including, but not limited to:
i. judging the Competition
ii. displaying the winning entries and runners up at any public exhibitions promoting COTA NT
iii. inclusion within the Grandparents Day and COTA NT websites
iv. inclusion within any materials promoting the Competition and / or any other exhibition or activity organised by COTA NT
v. inclusion on any promotional items created and sold by COTA NT for fundraising purposes
vi. sub-licensing the entries to the media for reproduction in connection with COTA NT and any if its activities
vii. allowing viewers of the Grandparents Day or COTA NT websites to view entries on a computer screen, PDA or mobile telephone and store such pages in electronic form on disk or on a PDA or mobile telephone (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for their personal, non-commercial use only.
3. In no event will COTA NT, its affiliates and related companies, or its officers, directors, employees, representatives or agents be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages arising out of any contestant’s access to and use of the Grandparents Day and COTA NT website. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, everything on the Grandparents Day and COTA NT websites is provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose or use or non-infringement.
4. You agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of your name and likeness for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.
5. COTA NT reserves the right to require that any prize-winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency, and proof of the date of the entry as a condition of receipt of a prize. COTA NT reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant for submitting an entry that is not (in the unfettered opinion of the judges) in accordance with these conditions of entry.
6. By entering the Competition you agree to receive email information about COTA NT and its work. You have the right to unsubscribe from COTA NT emails at any time via a link provided at the bottom of all email communications.
COTA NT reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not comply with requirements, terms & conditions contained herein, even after the Entry is submitted.